There are thousands of notable graffiti artists from around the world. This is a list of some of the more popular graffiti artists that have had a fair influence on popular culture or the subculture of hip hop.
- El Teneen: El Teneen is an anonymous street artists in Egypt. This artist began doing graffiti and stenciling at the start of the revolution. This artist used the art form of graffiti to speak out against the oppression of the regimes and to talk about political issues.
- Faith47: Faith47 is a street artist from Cape Town, South Africa. She is self taught and does pieces that are generally commissioned or okay-ed by authorities.
- Os Gemeos: Os Gemeos are twin brothers from Brazil who paint graffiti. Their main characters that appears many times throughout their graffiti are a bunch of yellow-skinned people.
- Cope2: Cope2, aka Fernando Carlo, is a graffiti artists from the Bronx, New York. He began his work in graffiti in 1978 and has become so well known throughout the world that he is now considered one of the founders of graffiti.
- Taki183: Taki183 is a street artists from New York City who first started tagging subway cars and buses during the 1970’s. He is credited as the first graffiti to tag (or make tagging popular).
- King of Kowloon: Tsang Tsou Choi is a graffiti artist in Hong Kong who has become very popular for his calligraphy graffiti.
- A1one: A1one is a street artist who is credited with starting graffiti art in Iran. Many of his pieces talk about social and political issues within Iran.
- Banksy: Banksy is a graffiti artist in the UK who specializes in stencils and writes a lot about political and social activism. He has become famous world wide and is rumored to have written on 5Pointz.